Module rustc_errors::source ·
The current rustc diagnostics emitter.
Emitter takes care of generating the output from a
There are various
Emitter implementations that generate different output formats such as
JSON and human readable output.
The output types are defined in
- Handles the writing of
- Margin 🔒
- An emitter that does nothing when emitting a non-fatal diagnostic. Fatal diagnostics are forwarded to
fatal_handlerto avoid silent failures of rustc, as witnessed e.g. in issue #89358.
- Describes the way the content of the
renderedfield of the json output is generated
- Default column width, used in tests and when terminal dimensions cannot be determined.
- Maximum number of suggestions to be shown
- Emitter trait for emitting errors.
- Whether the original and suggested code are visually similar enough to warrant extra wording.
- overlaps 🔒
overrideif it is present and