Networking primitives for TCP/UDP communication.
This module provides networking functionality for the Transmission Control and User Datagram Protocols, as well as types for IP and socket addresses.
TcpStreamprovide functionality for communication over TCP
UdpSocketprovides functionality for communication over UDP
IpAddrrepresents IP addresses of either IPv4 or IPv6;
Ipv6Addrare respectively IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
SocketAddrrepresents socket addresses of either IPv4 or IPv6;
SocketAddrV6are respectively IPv4 and IPv6 socket addresses
ToSocketAddrsis a trait that is used for generic address resolution when interacting with networking objects like
- Other types are return or parameter types for various methods in this module
Rust disables inheritance of socket objects to child processes by default when possible. For
example, through the use of the
CLOEXEC flag in UNIX systems or the
flag on Windows.
- An error which can be returned when parsing an IP address or a socket address.
- An IPv4 address.
- An IPv6 address.
- An IPv4 socket address.
- An IPv6 socket address.
- A TCP socket server, listening for connections.
- A TCP stream between a local and a remote socket.
- A UDP socket.
- An IP address, either IPv4 or IPv6.
- Possible values which can be passed to the
- An internet socket address, either IPv4 or IPv6.
- A trait for objects which can be converted or resolved to one or more