The Rust compiler.
This API is completely unstable and subject to change.
- The various pretty-printing routines.
- print 🔒
- Signal handler for rustc Primarily used to extract a backtrace from stack overflow
- Prints version information
- This is the primary entry point for rustc.
- Whether to stop or continue compilation.
- Exit status code used for compilation failures and invalid flags.
- Exit status code used for successful compilation and help output.
- Raw content of Fluent resource for this crate, generated by
fluent_messagesmacro, imported by
rustc_driverto include all crates’ resources in one bundle.
- ICE_PATH 🔒
- Runs a closure and catches unwinds triggered by fatal errors.
- Variant of
interface::Resultreturn type that also computes the exit code.
- Show help for flag categories shared between rustdoc and rustc.
- Write to stdout lint command options, together with a list of all available lints
- Process command line options. Emits messages as appropriate. If compilation should continue, returns a getopts::Matches object parsed from args, otherwise returns
- ice_path 🔒
- This allows tools to enable rust logging without having to magically match rustc’s tracing crate version. In contrast to
init_rustc_env_loggerit allows you to choose the values directly rather than having to set an environment variable.
- This allows tools to enable rust logging without having to magically match rustc’s tracing crate version.
- Installs a panic hook that will print the ICE message on unexpected panics.
- Prints the ICE message, including query stack, but without backtrace.
- If color is always or auto, print formatted & colorized markdown. If color is never or if formatted printing fails, print the raw text.
- usage 🔒