More About Cargo and Crates.io
So far we’ve used only the most basic features of Cargo to build, run, and test our code, but it can do a lot more. In this chapter, we’ll discuss some of its other, more advanced features to show you how to do the following:
- Customize your build through release profiles
- Publish libraries on crates.io
- Organize large projects with workspaces
- Install binaries from crates.io
- Extend Cargo using custom commands
Cargo can do even more than what we cover in this chapter, so for a full explanation of all its features, see its documentation.