Module rustc_hir_analysis::source ·
- builtin 🔒Check properties that are required by built-in traits and set up data structures required by type-checking/codegen.
- The code in this module gathers up all of the inherent impls in the current crate and organizes them in a map. It winds up touching the whole crate and thus must be recomputed completely for any change, but it is very cheap to compute. In practice, most code in the compiler never directly requests this map. Instead, it requests the inherent impls specific to some type (via
tcx.inherent_impls(def_id)). That value, however, is computed by selecting an idea from this table.
- orphan 🔒Orphan checker: every impl either implements a trait defined in this crate or pertains to a type defined in this crate.
- unsafety 🔒Unsafety checker: every impl either implements a trait defined in this crate or pertains to a type defined in this crate.
- Checks whether an impl overlaps with the automatic
impl Trait for dyn Trait.
- We allow impls of marker traits to overlap, so they can’t override impls as that could make it ambiguous which associated item to use.