- The result of resolving a path before lowering to HIR, with “module” segments resolved and associated item segments deferred to type checking.
base_resis the resolution of the resolved part of the path,
unresolved_segmentsis the number of unresolved segments.
- Just a helper ‒ separate structure for each namespace.
- What kind of constructor something is.
- Encodes if a
DefKind::Ctoris the constructor of an enum variant or a struct.
- What kind of definition something is; e.g.,
- Resolution for a lifetime appearing in a type.
- Different kinds of symbols can coexist even if they share the same textual name. Therefore, they each have a separate universe (known as a “namespace”).
- An attribute that is not a macro; e.g.,
- The resolution of a path or export.