This is a reading list of material relevant to Rust. It includes prior
research that has - at one time or another - influenced the design of
Rust, as well as publications about Rust.
- GPU Programming in Rust: Implementing High Level Abstractions in a
Language. Early GPU work by Eric Holk.
- Parallel closures: a new twist on an old
- not exactly about Rust, but by nmatsakis
- Patina: A Formalization of the Rust Programming
formalization of a subset of the type system, by Eric Reed.
- Experience Report: Developing the Servo Web Browser Engine using
Rust. By Lars Bergstrom.
- Implementing a Generic Radix Trie in
paper by Michael Sproul.
- Reenix: Implementing a Unix-Like Operating System in
Rust. Undergrad paper by Alex
- Evaluation of performance and productivity metrics of potential
programming languages in the HPC environment.
Bachelor's thesis by Florian Wilkens. Compares C, Go and Rust.
- Nom, a byte oriented, streaming, zero copy, parser combinators library
in Rust. By
Geoffroy Couprie, research for VLC.
- Graph-Based Higher-Order Intermediate
experimental IR implemented in Impala, a Rust-like language.
- Code Refinement of Stencil
paper using Impala.
- Parallelization in Rust with fork-join and
Farnstrand's master's thesis.
- Session Types for
Munksgaard's master's thesis. Research for Servo.
- Ownership is Theft: Experiences Building an Embedded OS in Rust - Amit Levy, et. al.